Google Maps APILast edited: June 22, 2017
As of June 2016, Google Maps no longer support keyless access and requires an API Key to work.
First make sure you are using the latest version of our them.
To update the theme, please see our Theme Update article.
Getting the API key
Generate an API key
- Go to the Google API Console.
- Create or select a project.
- Click Continue to enable the API and any related services.
- On the Credentials page, get a Browser key (and set the API Credentials).
- Note: If you have an existing Browser key, you may use that key.
- For the Accept requests from these HTTP referrers option, add your domain. An example for adding anpsthemes.com:
Example or an API key:
Once you receive your API Key, inside the WordPress admin dashboard navigate to Appearance – Theme Options – Google Maps and input your API key in the input field.
Note: it may take up to 5 minutes for the new options to take effect. We also recommend that you clear your cache or do a hard refresh for your page.
If the map is still not showing up, check the browser developer tools to see what error is reported.
The error will contain a URL, which you can follow to see exactly why the issue is occurring.